Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) Graduate Student Scholarship
Florida Atlantic University (FAU) has established a scholarship for international students who are citizens of Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) countries, (excluding Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands) who would like to pursue a master’s, or doctoral degree in an engineering or computer science degree program. In order to qualify for the LAC scholarship, students must:
- Be admitted to FAU and the Graduate College.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0.
- Have a minimum GRE and TOEFL score required by the program to which the student is applying.
- Enroll as a full-time student, (9-credits per semester for graduate students during the fall and spring semesters; 6-credits during the summer semester).
The award is an established scholarship that is offered on the basis of existing policies and guidelines, and the selection process is open and competitive. Details of the FAU-LAC scholarship are as follows:
- The College commits to financial tuition support for the duration of the student’s degree program, as long as the student remains at full-time status and is in good standing with the University. Two years for a master’s degree program and four years for a doctoral degree program.
- Student recipients will also be considered as Florida Residents for tuition purposes only, under the provisions of Section 1009.21(10) (e) of the Florida Statutes.
- Student recipients of the LAC scholarship will receive $500 per semester, (fall, spring and summer).
In 2017, the reduction in tuition due to student reclassification as a Fla. resident is US $623.80 per graduate credit hour x 24 credits which is equal to US $14,971.20. In 2017, the LAC scholarship has a value of $500 per semester x 3 semesters which equals US $1,500, plus the US $14,971.20 in tuition reduction, for a total annual cost savings of $16,471.20.
Scholarship ContactMs. Mery L. Sequeda, M.Ed.
Coordinator of International Affairs
Florida Atlantic University
College of Engineering and Computer Science
777 Glades Road, EE 308P
Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991
Phone: 1.561.297.3795, Fax: 1.561.297.1111